My love of demon books just increased my TBR list by one today! Read all about CHAIN OF ILLUSIONS by Boone Brux and learn what her top five paranormal characters are! Be sure to enter her giveaway at the end of the post. Boone is giving away a $25 Amazon gift card. A perfect holiday gift for you or the book lover on your shopping list!
Title: Chain of Illusions
Author: Boone Brux
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Entangled Publishing / Macmillan
Release Date: November 26, 2013
Format: Paperback and eBook
Back Cover Blurb
Rell has lived in the Shadow World for thirteen years as a Demon Bane, the formerly vivacious young woman now the demonic enemy of the immortal Bringers. But when she is given the chance to become human again—and a full-powered Bringer—Rell isn’t sure if it’s better to be a demon in the Shadow World or to risk her life for her humanity.
For two years, Siban had been tortured in the Bane prison, only to fall in love with the beautiful demon who helped him escape. Tormented by the thought of never seeing her again, he maintains a life of solitude. So, when Rell’s human body is rescued from the Shadow World, he will do anything to be with her—even if it means challenging death to become a Bringer, too.
But once their Bringer transformations and training are completed, Siban and Rell must join a mission to go deep in the Shadow World to rescue others trapped by the Demon Bane King. And what they discover destroys everything they knew about the Demon Bane. The lovers must learn to trust themselves, each other, and their new powers if they’re going to make it out alive.
Follow CHAIN OF ILLUSIONS Blog Tour
Follow CHAIN OF ILLUSIONS Blog Tour
My Top Five Paranormal Characters
by Boone Brux
Paranormal, I love it, in theory. If I had to face some of these characters in real life, I might not be so enamored. But as a reader and a writer of paranormal I think the strange and awesome powers of these characters make for fantastic tales. So here are my top favorite.
- Reapers: I love the concept of helping others to cross over. Depending on what story you’re reading, reapers can be funny, sassy twenty-something females, or truly terrifying angels of death.
- Demons: Don’t ask me why I love them so. I think for the same reason I love reapers. The thought of a demon trying to repent while his or her comrades feel differently catches my attention every time.
- Angels: Sexy angels are a major turn on. But I would have to ask myself, would I allow one of them to give up his immortal soul for me? The reality would be that the issue would never come up. Their calling is probably much higher than a lifetime putting up with my crap—but it’s a nice fantasy.
- Dragons: I want one for a pet and I want to be able to shift into one. But if I had one for a pet it would have to be small. I have enough trouble cleaning up the dog poop in my yard. I can’t imagine having to scoop up Volkswagen size piles—unless it had magical powers and I could sell it to the local farmers. I feel a storyline coming on.
- Last but not least, I really enjoy a good familiar. Animals that don’t shift, but have some connection to humans make for great secondary characters. My familiar of choice would be a raven. Not only could they bring me shiny objects, but they’re freakin’ cool and smart. If I was a reaper with a raven familiar, that would be the best of both worlds.
So there you have my top five paranormal characters—or creatures if you will. What is your favorite paranormal character? Vampire? Fae? Weremoose? Thankfully in today’s paranormal stories anything goes.
About the Author
Boone Brux’s writing drips with experiences from real life. Addicted to anything that might make a good story, she weaves tales ranging from dark fantasy to humorous romance. Settled in the icy regions of Alaska with the love of her life and twin daughters, it’s not uncommon to find her tapping away on her iPad on a windy beach or the barren tundra. Be warned, everyone is fodder for one of Boone’s novels.